How to sleep better Ten proven tips
A good sleep is a medicine for many diseases and a cure for your soul
” Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleeve of care
The death of each day’s life, sore labour’s bath
Balm of hurt minds, great nature’s second course,
Chief nourisher in life’s feast.”
People with anxiety disorder with have the trouble with sleeping and for them it a big problem. Less sleep mainly affects people in many ways and mainly it affects mood which eventually contributes to irritability and then into depression Vital functions occur during different stages of sleep that leave you feeling rested and energized or help you learn and forge memories.
Practising good “sleep hygiene” and the following steps will definitely help you to have a healthy sleep
1. Set a time and Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day
2. Keep yourself a minimum 30 minutes outdoors as daylight helps a lot to fix your pattern
3. Stop exercising close to bead time but Exercise regularly
4. If you have had a habit of taking nap Keep naps short and forgo napping after 3 p.m.
5. Caffeine is your biggest enemy,if possible completely avoid it.
6- If you are taking any medicines Review your medications with a doctor to see if you are taking any stimulants which keep you awake at night.
6. Stop taking a lot of fluid before bedtime and large meals
7. Smoking causes compromising sleep in a variety of ways. So its time to quit
Alcohol too causes sleep disorder so time to stop consuming alcohol
8. Keep your bedroom without any distractions like TV or a computer and keep the bedroom maximum cool and dark
9. Reading or listening to music can help you a lot before sleeping so practice any
10. If you cant fall asleep within 20 minutes get out of the bead and do something until you feel sleepy.
Tips are based on inputs from Anxiety and Stress Disorders, a Special Health Report from Harvard Medical School.